Monday, July 13, 2009

Fetal Disorder Treatment Center Update...

Just a quick update regarding our conversations this morning with Fetal Disorder Treatment Center (FDTC) of UPMC and Dr. Speer - who get this...attends the same church, NorthWay Christian Community as we do! Talk about a blessing and and an opportunity to see that God is in every detail!
We had a great conversation and we have an appointment Wednesday morning at 10am to sit down with FDTC and our team of doctors to discuss in depth the experimental "Fetal Aorta Balloon Valvoplasty" procedure. Just for your prayers...it looks like we will have weekly hospital/doctor visits for both Kelly and Jackson through the end of the pregnancy, beyond the experimental procedure or Norwood surgeries to save Jackson's life at his birth. Our life has drastically changed in a matter of three days - and we are doing alright with this, but are just now really beginning to realize the severity of "life change" we are experiencing! Please continue to pray for strength, energy, peace and wisdom today - as we still need to talk with our realtor and PA Land Titles regarding the closing on July 24.
I also had an awesome conversation this morning with a great brother in Christ who shared this verse with me and hope it encourages you as much as it has us:

[David] sang:
“The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. He is my refuge, my savior, the one who saves me from violence. I called on the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and he saved me from my enemies."
[2 Samuel 22:2-4]

Continue to sing praise to Him...and Keep your Eyes on Jesus! Love you all so much...

2 comments:

Diane F. said...

Doug & Kelly: If anyone has experienced seriously ridiculous life changes in the last six months it's me. From those experiences, I have been reminded that God is good all the time. Keep walking on the water with your eyes solely on him.

Jackie Hutz said...

Doug and Kelly:
I can pack a house in 24 hours and unpack it in 48, having done this 17 times in 13 years! Please let us know what we can do to help. Our prayer requests are all focused on you!
Love Jackie & Bill Hutz