Saturday, August 8, 2009

Let God Guide Your Dreams...

"In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness.
Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me.
Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me.
Free me from the trap that is set for me, for you are my refuge.
Into your hands I commit my spirit; redeem me, O LORD, the God of truth."
[Psalm 31:1-5]

Over the last week - Psalm 31 has been a rock of Truth for Kelly and I. Every morning we have started our prayer/devotional time together with this simple, yet very profound piece of transparency that we receive from the Lord through David's heart cry! The Lord is our Refuge and our Strength, and into His hands we do commit our spirit...for He is the God of Truth!
It has been quite the week - and I must apologize for not updating the blog more consistently this week - though it wasn't for a lack of not wanting to! I know how essential it is to continue to keep the "prayer warriors" updated - but, at the same time, I also know the Promise and Power of the Holy Spirit that when you surrender control, and allow Him to open your eyes, ears and heart He will guide you in your time of prayer, and teach/reveal things to you...that you might quite honestly never thought possible!

Quick recap of the week...

Tuesday night: was wonderful! Kel was feeling good, the kids were rested, and we felt lead to head over to Whitehall Camp and Conference Center for the annual Family Campmeeting of the Western PA, Church of God. Kel and I have attended the Campmeeting for the last 7 years together, and Kelly grew up "on the grounds" - so I hear! And I can't begin to tell you how wonderful it was to see those who have been supporting, praying, encouraging and just lovin' on us behind the scenes over the last month as we walk through this by faith! The expression, demonstration and just down right outpouring of God's Grace, Love, Care and Strength through you continues to overwhelm us! It was a wonderful - and late - night of conversation, encouragement and truth during our time at dinner, on the grounds and in the worship service - and the crazy thing of it all...Brother Mitchell - preached on so many elements that I have been lead to write here in the blog...and God definitely had my attention!
Wednesday was a day of recovery! And we learned that not getting the kids to bed until after 11:00pm may have not been the best decision, and Jordyn decided that she was going to get up at 3am (after crying herself to sleep around midnight) and not go back down until 4:30am! Ouch...and just not a good start to the day! Of course - being up with her for an hour and half, did not help daddy's sleep in any way...so a very short and rough night sleep ushered in a very long day of activity and work! And by the time Katie showed up Wednesday evening to help out with the kids - man, was she ever an answer to prayer for some very tired and weary souls! I was so exhausted - I just needed to "get away" for a half hour - so I jumped on the four-wheeler and just went to the woods, soaked in the quiet and prayed - while putting up a couple of trail cams! And then it was bed time for the kiddos - which I have to tell you has to be one of the best parts of the day! Not because I know that "quiet" is minutes away - but because of the opportunity to read stories, the bible, pray, and sing to the kids as I tuck them in has been something that I have missed time and time again when I am traveling - or just to lazy to do it! Just being honest...nothing better than watching two precious children of God lay asleep in your arms as I whisper "let God guide your dreams!"
Thursday - after a good night sleep, and an early rise - we got on the road around 7:30 to be in Pittsburgh by 9:00am for our echo appointment. After a great, Venti Caramel Macchiato with extra caramel drizzle under the foam and a slice of lemon loaf from Starbucks - the new breakfast of champions ya'all! - I was pumped full of caffeine and sugar, and ready for some good news! But, man did I learn something about expectation this morning! Before I go into this...please receive these words from our very wise counsel and a brother in Christ, who we dearly love - "be prepared for bad news, but be hopeful for good!" See we forgot the preparation part, and found ourselves just expecting good news - but what we found during the echo was "no news" - which we were not prepared for! We were wanting great news, and "no news" was a huge discouragement...partly on our lack of preparation! What Dr. Sherman found was that Jackson's heart had no "measurable" signs of improvement! Meaning - that there was no physical/medical/measurable signs of improvement in Jackson's heart over the last week. There is still a great improvement between pre and post operation - but in the last week, his velocities, flow, movement, development in the left side of his heart showed no measurable signs of improvement. To us - this is "no news" - not necessarily bad news, but we did find out that if things don't drastically improve and heal in the next 17 weeks, we may very well be looking at the Norwood surgeries (3 stage, surgery process at birth, 2-3 months, and again at 2-3 years to recirculate the blood from the right side) as Jackson would only have single pumping station - the right side of his heart, and the left will not function. SO...Jackson is by no means out of the woods at this point - and is in desperate need of prayer, healing and the divine intervention of our Risen Lord and Savior - and no matter how hard the road, uphill the mountain, or strong the storm - God is our Refuge and our Strength! He is the Great Physcian and Healer
And so as we waited in the FDTC waiting room in Magee Women's Hospital - and after a good cry together - I sent out a quick prayer text and asked for some encouraging news! And GOD DELIVERED! Come on ya'all check this...so we walk into the ultrasound now (second appointment of the morning) and Dr. Speer is up to the plate. Dr. Speer - great brother in Christ and wise counsel who attends our home church - shares with us that Jackson is doing great! Over the last two weeks, his growth is up 70%! With NO SIGNS of any complications from/during the surgery or hydrops (fluid around the organs and a possible sign of being anemic or organ failure) and that his development is great! Jackson was on the move during the ultrasound, and at one point - laid on his side in the fetal position with his hand over his ear looking right at us on the monitor...almost to say - "mommy and daddy, I am here, doing well and I love you! Don't listen to these knuckleheads! You get rested up in the next 17 weeks - cause I am coming out fightin!" So Holy Spirit rain down! Rain Down on Jackson's life! Rain Down your healing! Rain Down you encouragement, patience, gentleness, love and self-control! Because you - Oh, Lord - are our Rescue and Refuge!
And man - Rescue and Refuge - is exactly what we needed for the next part of our Thursday! After a great lunch at Panera, we were off to our appointment with a financial advisor/broker to hopefully gain some direction and clarity into our move and housing situation! Well let me tell you...Tim Gray from Princeton Financial - is a young guy, with a great education I might add from The Pennsylvania State University - that shot straight with us, gave clarity and definitely left a mark! Could have something to do with the fact that the dude is almost 7 foot tall - no short jokes here! But, honestly, as went into this conversation - and with more clarity coming out - we are not going to be going after a mortgage at this point! Not because we can't...because it would just not be best or what the Lord is leading us to do! We have made the decision both with sound logic, but also with great Peace and Unity between Kelly and I, and the Lord, that He is leading us to a short term lease situation to meet our short term needs! You can not base a long term decision on a short term set of information, and as some great wise counsel that was shared with us the other day that "rings with truth": "The easiest way for the enemy to take you out [ hope you hear this church, and Western PA] - is to be planted!" And let us learn that lesson from the Master himself! Jesus was on the move...and many times to the dismay and confusion of his disciples - but, He went where His Father led him! That's it, and that is exactly what we will do! We will wait until we have clear direction and great peace in where - but, right now - we will definitely not be locking into a mortgage and "planting" ourselves in home ownership! Now - don't get me wrong here...not saying that if you own a home you that you have been disobedient to the Lord - but if Kel and I were to do that right now...we would be! So we are seeking His will and asking Him to open doors as to where He has prepared a place for us! And I can't wait to see what He has in store! We found a couple of homes in the Northern Allegheny/Butler County Line area that we are looking at for a short term lease ... and we are "leaning in" to see if this is the place he has prepared! And so PLEASE be in prayer for us regarding the move/house...we feel the strain of adversity and the stress of difficulty in our current situation at the farm, and we recognize we are in the dessert [or wilderness if you prefer] - but just as Paul kept his focus, "...I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Even so, you have done well to share with me in my present difficulty!" [Philippians 4:11-14]...we pray and seek contentment in our present day journey!
Lord I ask - that you continue to give Kelly and I the perspective of Joshua and Caleb that in the midst of this dessert journey right now, we are weary and tired, we see the giants and the mountains, and we don't have "sight" but behind us...and so God we ask that you continue to reach down from Heaven and touch us! Touch us with your Guidance, Provision, Strength, Joy and Peace - and Lord continue to unite us with you through your Son - our Lord and Savior - Christ Jesus!
Friday was a day of rest! I worked in the morning through the early part of the afternoon - and had some awesome conversations with awesome partners/ambassadors in the Gospel and of the BGEA - and what encouragement was shared through some that I have never even met! Jordyn and I mowed the back yard (which, took an hour with a 60" mower deck! lol...) and then we had a cook out - just the four of us - with corn, hot dogs over the fire and ended the night with smores! It was a blast - and just the perfect way to enter into a great weekend!

And today...we are heading to Whitehall again today for the "family fun day" and can't wait to see how the Lord moves in and through our time on His Holy Ground! Again, sorry for the delay in the update - but, I hope you all have an awesome weekend, and do me a favor..."Let God Guide Your Dreams!" Love ya!

All Eyes on Jesus...

No comments: