Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Once Again...

But once again...I say amen and it's still raining!
As the thunder rolls, I barely hear You whisper through the rain, "I'm with you"! And as Your mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God who gives and takes away!
I'll praise you in this storm, and I will lift my hands for You are who You are no matter where I am! And every tear I've cried You hold in your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn...I will praise you in this storm!
[Mark Hall, Casting Crowns, Praise You In This Storm]

Praise the Lord! For it is good to sing praises to our God, for He is gracious and lovely; praise is becoming and appropriate...
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds! He determines and counts the number of the stars; He calls them all by their names. Great is our Lord and of great power; His understanding is inexhaustible and boundless. The Lord lifts up the humble and downtrodden; He casts the wicked down to the ground. Sing to the Lord with thanksgiving; sing praises!
[Psalm 147:1-11, Amplified Bible]

"Why, daddy? Why is Jackson's heart not working right?"
"Bubba, I don't know - why? But God does, and Jackson is in His hands!"
"I know daddy, but Jesus gives us a new heart and He can just reach over and touch him and make his heart better!"

Oh, to have faith like a child! Talk about breaking your heart...especially when those big blue eyes look up at you for guidance, encouragement, wisdom and insight! But this is just one highlighted of our conversations with Carter over the last week or so, as he is so concerned, compassionate, and loving and if you want to talk about a prayer warrior – our little man has laid quite the foundation of prayer for his little brother! But, please don't miss the wisdom in Carter's words! Don't miss the promise that Carter spoke of found in Ezekiel 36...

"I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws." [25-27]

The Promise is a new heart and a new spirit! Removing our old hearts of stone and giving us one that is full of life! And this is our prayer as we head into a day full of appointments with our team of doctors and the neo-natal teams of Magee Women's and Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh...we don't know the outcome - but God has gone before us, and His comprehension, understanding, love, mercy, faithfulness, care and compassion are inexhaustible and boundless! And we believe that He can and will heal Jackson's heart...how...don't know! But He is God - and we will leave that up to Him!
And we will continue to praise Him for who He is! We will praise Him because of what He did on the Cross of Calvary - where He gave His one and only Son...why? Because He loved us so much! He has washed us clean! Set us free, apart and holy! And praise Him for His Amazing Grace that saved us because we believe in our heart and confess with our mouth that He is Lord! [Romans 10:9]

So..."why daddy?" is a question that we won't ask! We don't need to know the "why"...because we trust: That He is who He said He was, is and forever will be! That He is, was and will be Totally Victorious! That He defeated death when He rose again! That we can put our hope, future and life in His hands - because He is Love! He is our Refuge! He is our Strength! He is our Peace! He is life...full and abundant! And so many times we get caught up in the "details", the "whys" and the "hows" of it all...but I ask that you put that hammer down with me! Trust that He has this totally worked out according to His purposes! And yeah, it is still raining! The thunder continues to roll, and it is tough to hear Him whisper in the wind through the rain....but He is with us!

Tomorrow is huge...and we are excited to be able to share the story of God's incredible work - so stay tuned! And get to singing ya'll! Praise His Name!
And remember...
"the LORD delights in those who reverently and worshipfully fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love!" [Psalm 147:11]

We love you...and All Eyes on Jesus!

No comments: